Tuesday 3 July 2012

Uneventful week so far

Not much to report. Work has been OK.

Found that there was a new version of Darky's ROM that I was running on my Galaxy S. I backed up the stuff on it and installed it. Since it was already rooted from when I installed the previous ROM, it was dead easy to install. The new version is based on Ice Cream Sandwich, which was never supposed to come to the Galaxy S, so I was a bit dubious. I remember how sluggish my old HTC Magic became when it was unexpectedly updated from Android 1.6 to 2.2. It was useable, but it just felt a little off.

Fortunately the Galaxy S seems to cope OK with ICS. It's a bit weird after being so used to 2.2 but it works OK. The only issue is flickering when playing videos which is a bit intermittent, although after a reboot it now plays them fine

No comments: