Saturday 14 July 2012

Plates and brakes

Productive day, sort of.

I got new number plates for the car and put them on, made it look surprisingly a lot better with nice fresh plates on it. I also went into Rhyl and traded in the two 3DS games I had for Gravity Rush for the Vita, since it's supposed to be amazing. Only had a quick go on it so far but it seems really good. The Vita doesn't feel like a portable system when it's running games somehow, since the games generally seem to be just as good as the real console versions, something the 3DS doesn't manage.

The fixed gear bike now has a new brake lever which has made a real difference to how well the brake works, which is good. Still need to take it out for a good test ride though.

The PowerEdge has had it's new disk installed and the RAID5 array reformed so it now has 400gb of storage across the disks. Not all that much really but plenty for what I'll be using it for. It really could use an upgrade to 16gb RAM though. I'll see if that's manageable after the Astra has had the MOT on Wednesday.

Going to clear the garage out so I can keep my bike tidy in there and perhaps put my old bike on a trainer in there so I can try and get some exercise when its raining. The dog has been using it as a toilet so it's grim in there at the moment. Need to find a way of stopping him, wretched hound.

Off to the pub in a bit to see Andy and Rob, which will be good.

No comments: