Friday 13 July 2012

Friday blues

A meh day in work, and not much to report.

Decided I need to get back to learning things on computers, so I've got a machine capable of running lots of VMs. It's a Dell PowerEdge 1950, a 1u server, with so far two quad-core Xeons, 12gb RAM and four 146gb SAS disks. It's going to be booting ESXi from a USB pendrive and should provide plenty of power. Hopefully will take it up to 16gb RAM after next payday. Not sure if I should run the SAS disks separately or in a RAID5. 1u servers are noisy because of the fans but I'm probably weird in that I quite like the sound, unless it ramps the fans up too high which most of the time it doesn't.

Nothing beats a fully populated BladeCenter starting up though, they sound like a jet engine until it settles down and once the blades are up and runinng it kicks out a ridiculous amount of heat.

The rain has been taking the piss today, so tired and bored of it now. Also feeling a little rough this evening, just overly tired and slightly headachy, but I don't know why. Bleh.

Terminator 3 is surprisingly watchable for a movie that shouldn't have been made. Not sure if I can bring myself to get through 4.

Tomorrow I need to get a new front numberplate for the car for the MOT on Wednesday. If the weather is OK I might still do the fixie test, otherwise if the weather is going to be an arse I'll sit inside and sulk with a DVD.


Bradley Wiggins on doping. Nice to see he can be eloquent when he wants to be. Just don't nearly twat him with a gigantic camera, he won't like that.

No comments: