Wednesday 18 July 2012

Good car

The week has progressed uneventfully. Any plans I had to get parts to fix the bike were on hold until today when the car had the MOT. Fortunately it passed first go with no issues at all, really good news. Also I got the cash for the old Specialized bike I got last year and listed on Ebay. It went to a guy near Chester who has an industrial unit FULL of bikes, which he fixes up and sells for decent prices. To be fair he got a bargain with that old bike but since I got it for free I'm not too bothered.

Today in work I had to take an AIX blade out of one BladeCenter and install it in another BladeCenter with totally different storage attached to it. It involved quite a lot of stuff that I knew about in theory but hadn't actually done in person, but it seems to be working OK so far. Happy days.

Otherwise it's been a fairly slow week. Rob lent me Stasiland, which is a fascinating look into life in East Germany before the wall fell.

No comments: