Sunday 15 July 2012

Unlucky with bikes too?

As is well chronicled, I have little luck with cars since I tend to have the tendency to pick out cars which are either ridiculously impractical, or break often and expensively. So far my experiences with bikes have been OK until today.

Today was going to be a nice ride round the Brenig with Andy, Maz and Rob. We had made it a couple of miles which was fine, and then I noticed the cover had come off my right gear shifter. It's done this before. I went back and found it, but then when I went to set off to rejoin the others, the chain snapped dramatically. Investigation showed that the cog on the front had actually bent, which had caused the chain to go.

So I had to leave the others to carry on and trudge back to the car, although I was still able to meet them at the visitor centre for a hot chocolate. I've not really looked at the bike since I got home since I was not in the right frame of mind, but with a bent cog on the front and a rear derailleur was playing up and now has a dodgy shifter, the whole drivetrain is pretty much fucked at the moment. BAH. Oh well. It'll need fixing but I'm not going to do anything until after Wednesday when the car has it's MOT, that's more important right now.

I did clear all the crap out of the garage though, so I can put the bikes in there more sensibly. I'm thinking about putting my old bike on a turbo trainer type thing.

Not done much else really. Had a quick go on LA Noire that Rob lent me, or Grand Theft Fedora as he calls it. Seems decent enough so far. Also had a go on Gravity Rush. It's a rather odd game, but looks pretty promising.


Sabotage on the tour, people can be such pricks sometimes.

No comments: