Wednesday 14 November 2012

The long walk

I got up today and was about to embark on another lazy day of not doing much in front of DVDs, when I decided enough was enough and felt like going for a walk with the dog. I wasn't sure what to do so I ended up going to the Brenig and going all the way round. It takes a LOT longer than on a bike and not far from the end, my body gave up and my hip started really hurting. Sadly at that point there was at least a couple of miles to go so I complained bitterly the rest of the way, mainly to the dog who ignored me, but also to the occasional signpost and clumps of heather. The dog also now has a fear of cattle grids because he tried to walk across one before I could stop him and fell into it and had to be rescued.

Fortunately the hip seems to have settled down again after a nice long shower so I feel OK again. Glad I actually managed to do some exercise though. Kind of ruined it though by going to town and picking up a takeaway.

Listening to Rob on the radio, quite strange to hear his voice.

I think the walk has taken it right out of me, feeling very very tired at the moment.

No comments: