Tuesday 27 November 2012

Water water everywhere

I slept through much of the rain in the night, had no idea it had rained so badly. I went out in the car and the track was pretty bad, but in the darkness I couldn't tell how bad it was.

Throughout the day there was constant news on the floods in St Asaph, and I'd already passed the flooded new estate in Ruthin, which was built a couple of years ago on an area well known to be a flood plain, so it flooding was not really a surprise. The pictures of St Asaph at the height of the floods are horrendous. It must be awful for the people who had their homes flooded out. The latest looks like Rhuddlan is going to flood now.

I left work early to come home and look at the track in the daylight, and it's bad. I've seen water wash the top away before, but nothing like this. The ruts are down to the rocks the whole way, and in three place there are foot deep chasms. My car won't make it up again but the Berlingo can just about do it. I'm not sure what the hell we're going to do about it but the water is still flowing fast so can't anything at the moment. The field next to our land has recently been sold to a new guy after the previous farmer owner died and the only way to get it to is on our track and they are required as part of the deeds to help maintain the track so they have said they will help too.

Also on the way home the Astra started to overheat, but didn't quite make it into the red. With the stress of the day I was convinced it had completely died, but I realised I hadn't checked the coolant in ages and when it had cooled down I found the expansion tank was empty. I put some water and antifreeze in but I didn't have enough so I'll have to take my Mum's car to work tomorrow and get more.

Spent the evening sorting out my photos from back when I was still using iTunes on the Mac. It worked fine until it came to exporting them,when it made right fucking mess of it all. I've made quite a bit of progress on sorting out big events like holidays and things but there's an awful lot of just random things. Found plenty of things I'd forgotten about.

No comments: