Thursday 22 November 2012

Wibbly wobbly

The week has continued much as expected. Work today was particularly successful in the morning, since I managed to solve two issues with the Unix boxes which have been bothering me for a while, so that was good.

Not been doing much in the evenings at all, mainly just lazing about, which is not really very good.

Was ultra fat tonight, had a big stuffed crust BBQ feast pizza all to myself, which was very nice indeed. Ironic since it was supposed to be badminton but Rob, Em and Steve had other plans.

But this is the problem, this is what I keep doing and I'm tired of being fat and lazy. Just can't seem to get my arse in gear to do anything about it. Especially now it's dark and cold in the evenings, and the weather was truly horrific today. I'm not even sure how much I weigh at the moment since my scales died.

Was a bit naughty after payday and picked up a new project laptop, something I've not done in a while. It's a Dell Latitude 2100, the chunky netbook type thing meant for educational use. It was missing a hard drive, battery and some screws but was otherwise complete and was only £30. It turned out to be a curious amalgamation of parts from both a Latitude 2100 and 2120, but the motherboard is definitely a 2100 as it has the original Atom CPU.

I've put a spare drive in it and it runs nicely. Given it only has a single core 1.6ghz Atom and 2gb RAM, I'm surprised at how snappy Windows 7 is on it. It still needs a caddy for the hard drive as it's held in place by tissue paper at the moment, and there are still a few missing screws. All good fun.

No comments: