Tuesday 25 September 2007

360 weirdness

Ironic that I was going on about how well Ubuntu runs on this machine and then Firefox dies for no apparent reason.

Work was bleh. Got the hotel booked for my AIX course in October, which should be good. Hoping to get a look at the Terracotta Army in the British Museum as well.

Started going through the rugby photos. Some are good, particularly the ones from Sunday evening. Also got a lot of pictures of peacocks for some reason and two bass guitars used by Feeder and Motley Crue

The 360 was misbehaving this evening. When I was playing BioShock, it was flashing up certain textures and areas of the screen as bright green or black. I've read that this can happen on PCs when the GPU is overheating. So not a good sign. Perhaps it's a sign of impending failure. If it does it again or gets worse, perhaps it's time to call Microsoft.

Tried out the Second Life client for Linux. It seems to work as well as the Windows one. Doesn't stop the game itself being a huge pile of crap though, now I know why I haven't been on it for a couple of months. Took one step and then flew into the sky without any way of stopping. It's total cack.

No comments: