Wednesday 19 September 2007

Gwamprah

Odd encounter this morning. I had just set off for work and there was the tiniest little pure black kitten you could imagine in the middle of the road (single track, very quiet). It was so small and bewildered that it had no idea that I was bearing down on it. So I stopped and rescued it. It was really tiny, it looked like it had just opened it's eyes, had a look at the big wide world and taken it's first wobbly steps, right out onto the road. I knew where it had come from, an irresponsible house that has unneutered cats that breed prolifically, so I took it back there. Hopefully it'll soon learn to stay away from the road. There really is something about kittens. I got a big smile and a wave from a woman in a Freelander who had stopped behind me while I rescued it.

Went round to my Dad's this evening. It was his mother-in-law's funeral today. It all went off well enough. Met her daughter and her boyfriend as well. She lives in Norway and he's Norwegian. Given that she's at least 40 and he's 50-something, they were behaving like love-struck teenagers. It's all very cute but when they're talking to each other in Norwegian, you can't help but wonder if he's saying dirty things. Had a lot of left over food from the buffet, so I ate some and brought some home for the dog.

The Discovery looks manly and rugged with a covering of mud all over it. Our neighbour came up in his tractor and the large wheels pick up all the mud and rub it all over the overgrown plants, which then transfer it to the Discovery when I drive up the track.

Tired now.

No comments: