Monday 3 September 2007

Screwed up eyes and the 1 string bass

Behold, the 1-string bass in all it's crappy glory. It actually works now after I changed how the string is attached. The other main thing is I put fretlines on it so it can be played in tune. Measuring those up was annoying and fiddly, but they seem close enough. Pic is too small, but click on it for a larger version.

Had the day off work today so I could go and have an eye test. Usually these are pretty much a formality, but the optician was concerned that my eyesight seemed to be changing almost from moment to moment. He did a blood flow test and found that the flow in my eyes is really low. He thinks it's either a problem with my diet, or a food allergy, which could also explain the eczema on my face. So now I have to take a special supplement each day and go back in six weeks to have another test. Also need to see if I can find out what I'm allergic to, if anything. One of the weirder things about my eyes is that I don't have proper binocular vision, and I can choose which eye to look out of, something my optician says is quite unusual.

Other than that, got a couple of books while I was out, and watched yet more Futurama. I am now half way through the fourth series.

Back to work tomorrow, bah.

No comments: