Wednesday 5 September 2007

New Apple stuff...

Wow, new iPods. Again. There was a time when I would wait on the Internet during an Apple announcement, hitting reload every minute to see what the new stuff was. New iPods or Macs would be examined minutely, looking for every detail of the sleek and shiny new hardware.

That time has passed. However I still think Apple makes some interesting things. The multi-touch interface on the iPhone and the new iPod Touch (Nintendo? Is that you?) intrigues me because I've always liked touch screens but found them limited. The new fat Nano looks interesting, and the Shuffle is always good. But my antiquated 20gb 3G iPod works well enough for listening to music in bed, and my two year old 1g Shuffle still works great for the car, where a screen is just a distraction.

Had a performance appraisal in work which went OK. Just need to get myself on an AIX course before the next appraisal in November.

Perhaps I'm just in a bitter mood today.

Finished Michael Crichton's latest book, Next, which is a lot of silly waffle about genetics. It did raise some interesting points, but didn't draw me in. I finished it and put it down, and just...didn't think anything about it. The only book I read of his which is any good is Jurassic Park. It's a lot better than the film and is where I first learnt of Chaos Theory.

Also just finished the last episode of Futurama season 4. What a great show. It never should have been cancelled.

No comments: