Friday 11 April 2008

Books, badminton and wanton violence

Work wasn't too bad today. Went to my new site, the Ruthin Gaol and got a lot done there. Then spent the afternoon working on a pair of semi-rugged Dell ATG laptops. The ATG somewhat hilariously stands for All-Terrain Grade. They are nice machines though, being based on the Latitude D530. Dells latest laptops are pretty nice.

Badminton end of season tournament this evening. It wasn't great for me, I got paired with a nice guy but he had a totally weird way of playing which I just couldn't adapt to. So I played like shit and we didn't do very well. Afterwards everyone went to the pub which was slightly awkward as loads of people from my old company were there.

Rob lent me a comic book collection called Wanted. It was a bit weird really, the idea was quite interesting but the main character basically became a complete fucktard so you had no reason to relate to him. Not that great to be honest. He also lent me a book which I haven't read because I'm still working my way through Excession by Iain M Banks, which is certainly not the kind of book you can stop reading and pick up again half way through.

Not much else to report.

No comments: