Wednesday 2 April 2008

Chinatown

After wandering around a bit last night I ended up in Chinatown to be confronted with a bewildering array of restaurants and places to eat. In fact there was so much choice that I nearly ended up throwing it all in and getting a McDonalds. But I found a place which did a buffet so I gave that a go. It wasn't all you can eat as you could only go up twice, but it had a decent selection and you could put as much as you wanted on a plate. The food was pretty good too and also got a pot of tea. They had the biggest onion rings I've ever seen.

Also found the Nokia store which was interesting. It is obviously a copy of the Apple store but I was the only one in there, making it a little creepy. But it was nice to finally see a working E90 which is a stunning device. But for £600 it better had be. I also liked the N810 which isn't a phone but more a portable tablet device. Quite interesting and it runs Linux. That's £340 though and the older N800, which is fairly similar, is much cheaper and in some ways more versatile.

I've noticed I'm sneezing rather a lot since I came to London. Not sure why but the black snot has returned. Cities are fun but they can't be good for you. Also trying to resist the urge to shop and buy things that I can't afford. I'd like to get a Badass bridge for the fretless but they're £55. I've got one on my other bass but I bought that in the US so it was only £30.

No comments: