Tuesday 8 April 2008

Many things

Work has been OK. Not much happened in my absence. Still no update on Single Status, but I gather I should be OK.

Didn't do much this evening except see how cheap satnavs are. I'm going to have to drive to Birmingham at the end of this month for work. Or I could just use a map. Also had a look for IBM RS/6000 machines. Also need something to run AIX on so I can play with it. We have a test machine in work but it's just a logical partition of a system running several other live systems so it isn't really a toy I can break. Annoyingly RS/6000s or P series seem quite hard to get hold of in the UK, and expensive. There's a single 43P Model 170 on Ebay UK which is £140. In the USA, it would basically be free scrap as it's only something like 233mhz with 256mb RAM and a couple of 4.5gb hard drives.

Tired all day today for some reason. Annoying.

No comments: