Friday 18 April 2008

Metal valve caps suck

When I got the AX I noticed it was missing a couple of tyre valve caps. Rather than get the usual little black ones I put a set of metal 8-ball ones on, for no real reason. Nobody noticed either.

Today I went to check the tyre pressures and two of the damn things wouldn't come off, having presumably rusted on. I eventually got one off with pliers and hot water, but the other is seized so solid that any attempt to turn it now turns the entire valve. So I guess I'm going to have to go and be embarrassed at a garage and ask them to put a new valve on that wheel. Bah. Apparently it helps if you put vaseline in them beforehand. Oh well, I didn't know that.

Payday today, hurrah. Let's see if I can get back on track with this thriftiness lark. Well, OK, I've ordered a new 160gb hard drive for this computer but it's only £30 and that's covered by the London stuff I got paid back.

I'm so glad it's Friday. It's been a shitty week of poor sleep, annoying work and general crapness only relieved by many many episodes of Doctor Who.

No comments: