Wednesday 30 April 2008

GTAIV (again)

Well, played quite a bit (OK, a LOT) more today and got to about 22% complete. It's still really good but now I've got more used to it, it doesn't feel quite the enormous upgrade it did at first. It's still GTA when all said and done.

Ironically my favourite car so far is the GTA version of the BMW X5, a car in real life that I despise utterly. But the game version handles OK, is tough, and reasonably quick. I still HATE the motorbikes though, they are twitchy and uncontrollable, like the earlier GTAs. A bike based mission nearly drove me to tears of frustration as I lost control and fell off yet again.

Multiplayer is quite fun especially when everyone has helicopters. At one point I was standing on the top of a bus shelter and Will smacked me with his rotor blades, hurling me for miles. It was very funny.

Oddly enough there's been reports of both PS3 and 360 versions freezing during cutscenes. Not had any issues like that. It froze once yesterday when I tried to pause it and once this morning due to gunk on the disk, but otherwise it's been trouble-free. Weird.

No comments: