Monday 15 September 2008

51st State

Yet another sign that Britain is becoming more like the USA by the day. This is supposed to the be the 21st century for crying out loud! At this rate we'll end up back in the Dark Ages.

I've got nothing against religion or those who practice it, but I can't for the life of me see why anyone does. What I do have a problem with is when law and government policy is directly affected by religious views, especially when it is down to one person. That is inexcusable. It's also much too easy to use religion for illegal and devious purposes.

I found one comment on that article quite interesting, where the guy basically said he'd rather be the product of a God than an evolutionary accident, and so he embraced Christianity, making him much happier. This basically (in my opinion) goes to show that religion is a safety blanket that makes people feel better about themselves and their place in the universe.

No comments: