Tuesday 30 September 2008

A whole lot of noise


I was driving happily to work this morning, but the trip was rudely interrupted by a gentle clunk followed by the engine roaring through a completely unsilenced exhaust. It wasn't touching the ground so I carried on to work, feeling sorry for any of the poor sods who might have been trying to get a lie in. I had a look underneath and it had snapped off right by the middle silencer.

Some investigation found a place close to the office that would sort it out for £41, including a run back to the office while they sorted out. The journey from the office to the place was loud and hugely embarassing, and the exhaust place knew I was on the way not long after I left as they could hear me coming from three quarters of a mile away. It's amazing how much noise a little 1.5 diesel can kick out when it's running without silencers.

Annoyingly there is still a blow from the rear silencer but at least that doesn't seem to be on the point of falling off.

No comments: