Sunday 28 September 2008

Big update


It's been a series of days with late finishes, so I'm quite tired right now.

Thursday evening was spent at Rob's sorting out the old iMac I gave him a few years ago. It's been fine until recently it booted up but didn't load the Finder. I couldn't get it to work so we dumped his data onto my iBook and reinstalled the operating system. Since then it's been fine.

Friday evening was spent at a wedding evening do for one of my work colleagues. She'd got married in Switzerland earlier in the week and this do was for everyone else. It was a really good evening and there were a lot of people from work. On the way we agreed not to talk about work but inevitably we did at some point.

Yesterday was spent getting my Spore bastard civilisation up to the space stage. The tribal stage wasn't quite as violent as I allied with two tribes as when I'd set out to attack one tribe, one of the others would go after mine. But the civilisation stage was all out war. 

The evening was spent at Amy and Huw's for another Wii/Chinese night. It was the usual setup, but this time we actually managed to not get too much food. It was a time to play Guitar Hero, Wario Ware, Mario Kart, eat Chinese food and Amy's awesome chocolate cake and try to make friends with Squish, who has grown hugely and is turning into a beautiful little cat. Also we ended up with two lightsabres after a trip to Tesco for some supplies which cued some entertaining battles.

Today was spent at Will's with him and Rob making music again. I took the Monstrosity 2 and we found it sounded really good through Will's setup. We laid down some drums and bass and then Will added Rob's lyrics.

No comments: