Thursday 4 September 2008

Reactable

This is insanely cool, but it would probably be very easy to end up with just a hideous mess of noise.



Had a play with an application for the Touch today which simulates various dice rolls. It made me think that I could have written a program on my old Psion Organiser II to do the same thing. It wouldn't have looked as pretty though. Those Organisers were great little things. Yes, the screen and keyboard were bloody awful but the internal OPL programming language meant they were very versatile. I wrote loads of programs on mine including a program which ran a graphics animation (hard) and a text-based snail simulator game for some bizarre reason. Unsurprisingly I have quite a few of these, including two rare point-of-sale models. I very nearly ended up with 75 of the things for £40 once.

No comments: