Tuesday 9 September 2008

Thingsynum

Had to go back to my old school today to investigate an SDSL connection problem. I hate going back there. I went there for a job interview in 2004 (which I didn't get, thank fuck) and a couple of times for work since. The disturbing thing is that it hasn't changed much. Yes, the reception area changed and there's a big new block at the back, but the rest of it is so much the same it's scary. 

The problem turned out to be that some genius installed a kill switch in the Business Studies room which cut the power to the whole room as some sort of disciplinary tool. Unfortunately this included the cabinet which included the network switches for the whole site and yes, the SDSL hardware, which didn't survive the trauma.

Took the dog for a walk although I wasn't sure about the weather. First it was uncomfortably hot, and then very cold, and finally we were bathed in bright sunshine while simultaneously being hammered by horizontal rain. It was annoying.

Did very little otherwise except for watch the Top Gear's team second attempt to build amphibious vehicles. It is absolute unbridled genius.

I'm having difficulties keeping track of where I am in the week.

No comments: