Wednesday 24 September 2008

Monstrosity 2


This is the completed Monstrosity 2. It now features a single humbucker with simple volume and tone controls. It took a bit of fiddling to get it to work but work it does, despite the pickup and wiring being very cheap and nasty. It actually sounds quite decent though and it isn't too hard to play despite the strings being so close together at the bridge end. The only thing it really needs now is an arm for the tremolo as it's supposed to be a bass with a tremolo after all. Also at some point I should strip it down and continued stripping off what's left of the old finish but that can wait.

Work was particularly frustrating today with office moves still going on. At one point I got three phone lines mixed up and for the life of me couldn't work out why until I realised two people were telling me different things.

Finally, there is an RS/6000 nearby which could run AIX 5.3. It's got dual processors and 2gb RAM. It's in Llanberis and should be quite cheap. Unfortunately it's a H70 Enterprise, which from the pictures, it's even larger than the old Proliant I used to have. So that's probably not quite what I'm after, annoyingly.

Continued with my bastard creature on Spore. Just about to start the tribal stage, having eaten my way through most of the planet's population.

No comments: