Saturday 6 September 2008

Eee vs Aspire

Went to my Dad's this morning.

One thing we did was put my Asus Eee PC 900 up against his Acer Aspire One. I found that the Aspire is much nicer looking, has a much better keyboard and the processor is a 1.6ghz Atom. However it has less RAM and storage, and the RAM is not easy to upgrade like it is in the Eee. One thing in it's favour is the 8gb storage is one block rather than the slightly bizarre 4gb+16gb setup that the Eee uses. The screens are the same except the Aspire has a glossy panel, which I can't stand. So it's a bit of a tough call really. If I was to be buying one now I might just pick the Acer.

Also had a play with retro Psion stuff which was good and then spent the rest of the day trying out various things on the netbooks and watching bad TV.

Was supposed to be going round Rob and Em's for board game action but sadly Em isn't well so it had to be called off.

No comments: