Saturday 7 February 2009

The curious case of hailbound

Didn't do too much today. Faffed around a bit in Saints Row 2, doing some of the activies that I hadn't done and replayed a couple of missions.

After that, met up with a couple of people from work to go and see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. The journey didn't start out well. As I approached Denbigh, I noticed some hail falling, and by the time I got to the town, the roads were thick with it. I had to go to a cash machine and the road was blocked by idiots so I had to go to another one. After that though, the journey was uneventful. After going to Pizza Hut (a large cheesy bites BBQ deluxe is to die for), we watched the film.

It was long. Very long, but unusually, while you noticed it was long, you didn't really mind. It was a very odd film though. Also, with all the stupid hype about Brangelina, it's easy to forget that Brad Pitt can actually act when he puts his mind to it.

When I came home, the hail hadn't melted, and the roads gradually became more and more treacherous. I had a go at the track but couldn't get anywhere so I had to abandon the car right at the bottom and walk up. Oddly enough, it was a very pleasant experience in the cool air and bright moonlight. Having just typed that, it's started hailing again, so that was lucky.

No comments: