Thursday 19 February 2009

Dwi'n hoffi Cymraeg

Work was OK today, being my Unix day which is always entertaining and a nice break from the usual stuff that goes on.

The Vectra tried to start this morning but the battery was too low. I had to take my Mum's car to work and then come home at lunch time with jump leads. Once the Vectra was started it ran OK but clearly is stuck in safe mode In theory it's possible to cross two pins in the ECU connector to make it flash an error code but I'll see ifI can get someone to actually use the proper tool. Apparently the most common cause of this is the crankshaft sensor, but who knows. The top end of the engine has always been a little noisy, hope it's not anything to do with that.

It was badminton in the evening, which was good fun and very energetic. There was also the now usual impromptu Welsh lesson, which is surprisingly entertaining and it's quite surprising how much of it I remember from high school lessons. I wish I was more fluent in it.

No comments: