Friday 20 February 2009

Yay badminton

It was a fairly busy day in work and it was one of those annoying days where I felt tired for most of it. As a result I nearly didn't go to badminton this evening. To be honest, what with one thing and another and bouts of laziness, it's been ages since I went on a Friday so I wasn't sure if there was any point. I'm glad I did go though as it was a really good evening. I played reasonably well but there was one game where I had a complete blast and both myself and my partner played really well, so that was good. After that, it was time to go to the pub which was good fun as always.

Nothing's going on this weekend, which is probably a good thing. It's nice to have two days of nothing to look forward to.

I took the car to a garage at lunchtime where they hooked it up to a PC and read the fault code. Apprently it is the crankshaft sensor. They cleared the fault and said to drive it back to the office and see how it went. For half a mile or so it was fine, just like normal and then it went back into safe mode and the light came back on, so that'll have to be looked at next week. Boo. Oh well.

The drunken rugby bass turned up. It's a cheapo Wesley which was ordered during the first boring match last Saturday. Alcohol and Internet access should not be combined - this is why I own a unicycle. Anyway, it's a white Flying V which is very 80's metal, and given how little it cost, it's actually rather nice. I think my reasoning was that it would be a nice platform to modify but all it really needs is some extra shielding in the cavities. I've always liked the Flying V guitar and you don't see bass versions very often. It's rather strange after a normal bass though, mainly because it's so long.

No comments: