Wednesday 25 February 2009

One of those weeks

It's shaping up to be one of those weeks. Today was particularly annoying with hassle coming from all quarters. It was made worse by not having the car so I had to traipse half a mile across town with a laptop in tow to deliver to an ungrateful user.

I got the car back this evening. It was definitely the crankshaft sensor so they put in a new one and it's running perfectly now. I hadn't realised how rough it was running while the light was on but I suppose that's understandable if it was in limp mode. As to the cost, I don't know as the garage guy didn't have the bill handy so is posting it.

Played around a bit with the RS/6000. I successfully mirrored the hard drives, which is something I remembered doing on the course. This is really why I wanted one because the AIX implementation of LVM is really powerful and flexible, but it's not easy to practice without a machine that doesn't matter if I break it. I'd like to get a couple of tapes for the drive in it so I can back it up before trying stuff that might break the OS, as it took quite some time to install. It's an ancient DDS3 drive and the tapes are about £1 each these days.

Anyway, I'm going to shut it down now and try and relax.

No comments: