Wednesday 11 February 2009

Touchy feely

Work was better today. A couple of meetings in the morning and Unix in the afternoon. This just reminded me of why I need an AIX machine to play with. There's a load of things which I haven't had a chance to practice and an actual physical machine is really the best way of doing it.

Saw a 3G iPhone in person which was nice. They are very nice devices, it must be said. If they were available on other networks than O2 I'd probably own one. The iFart application is just as puerile and hilarious as I expected. There is also a BlackBerry Storm in for evaluation, not impressed. The way the screen responds with an actual click is quite interesting but the software is pants. Sluggish, unresponsive and clunky.

Took the dog for a walk and went the full circuit for the first time this year. The light has got better so while it was pretty dark towards the end, it wasn't too bad. The roads are annoyingly wet from melting snow though.

Downloaded a few things onto the 360, a Watchmen trailer, and a couple of game demos. Nothing particularly interesting. The Lego Batman demo was fun for about two minutes until I realised it was more of the same. I replayed the first level of Rez HD, which looks absolutely awesome on the new screen. It's not really the kind of game you'd expect HD to make a difference but somehow seeing all the lines rendered so sharply makes it much easier to see what's going on. I've never yet bought any Microsoft points but I might just do it to get the full version.

No comments: