Tuesday 2 February 2010

Chameleon paint 2

OK, forget what I said about the chameleon paint being subtle. After a few more coats were applied the effect was much more pronounced. I fucked up a little though by bringing it in from the shed too soon after applying the last coat, and it got some condensation on it which made it a bit misty. It had dried by this evening though and so I was able to give it a bit of a polish and that made it look better. Started putting the clear coat on and it looks really nice, hopefully it will dry like that without too much hassle. Quite amazed that it came out so well.

I wish I'd kept some of the paint aside and done the headstock of the neck at the same time but I can always do that in the future. I'm not sure the neck is going to look quite right on it as it has a maple fingerboard but it's the only one I have spare and I can't afford to buy a new one for it.

Work improved slightly today so that was good.

Edit: Had a good look at the neck I was going to use and it's actually got issues so will look into a replacement next payday. Gives it plenty of time for the clearcoat to dry anyway.

No comments: