Monday 1 February 2010

Chameleon paint

Work is a bit of a nightmare at the moment. If it's a case of sink or swim I'm definitely floundering at the moment.

The black coat on the bass body had dried when I got home so started putting on the chameleon paint layer. The effect is quite subtle but it looks really nice. Should be great when it's all put together. I've got all the parts for it already except the electronics and pickup. To make life easier it's going to have an active EMG pickup and circuit which comes all prewired although it'll be a bit pricey. Definitely a case of making sure it plays well before actually ordering the electronics.

As the paint looks like it's going to be a success, I need to look into getting the doubleneck done. The big downside is of course taking the whole damn thing apart again, which will be a bit of a pain. Also I need to order more paint as it will take more than a normal body and I can't afford to do it this month so I'll have to see how that goes.

Going to watch a film in a minute, just not sure which.

No comments: