Monday 8 February 2010

Torn

OK, so I've heard from a company who think they can recover the data from the damaged 8gb SD card. Now, it's just a case of trying to justify the cost of doing it. I think I know why it happened too, I've got a bad habit of constantly removing the card from the E90 and putting it into a card reader rather than just hooking up the Mini USB and I can only imagine that's put stress on the card. SanDisk have a 5 year warranty on them but that doesn't include any form of data recovery.

Oh well. I'm going to have a think about it. Serves me right if I do have to pay for it - given that one of my duties in work is to assist with the backup system I should have kept more on top of it. I do it with my various other machines, damn it. If I do go ahead and do it, it basically means putting the paint bass on hold for another month and perhaps not starting to paint the doubleneck. Bugger and balls.

Still haven't found my GPS either, what a pain. I HATE it when you move something to somewhere safe and then can't remember where that was. I'm worried now that I've actually lost it somewhere outside the house.

Just found a Sharp PC-1350 which I completely forgot I had. Seems like quite a cool little thing, although it needs new batteries. Oooh, and a Game Boy Pocket with a copy of Faceball 2000, a weird little game in full 3D, awesome. I played a few good games on the old Game Boy, the Wario Land series in particular were excellent games. Hmm, wonder if I've still got any of the old games around.

Oh yeah, and the big fat DSi XL looks hilarious - a giant DS which Nintendo won't admit is for old people. I'd have one though, if it makes it easier on the eyes then I'm all for it.

No comments: