Friday 12 February 2010

Clearout

So many things turn up when you have a clearout. Found the remnants of a DS from when I built one out of two broken ones, and lots of other things. Got a big pile of stuff to put on Ebay and had a nice bonfire with some various things and some failed bass projects. When I move stuff back in the room will be laid out differently so it will hopefully be easier to keep clean. I'm absolutely determined now not to be so stupid when it comes to impulsively buying crap, for both financial reasons and this reason.

Despite moving a load of stuff, haven't found where the damned mice are lurking. I hate them, they figured out how to get in and out of my industrial humane mouse trap. It's getting to the point where I'm thinking about getting more lethal traps but I hate the aftermath.

Got a battery for the SPs - all three power up and work but the backlit one doesn't display anything - argh! When I've got the room sorted out I'll have a look inside - perhaps a loose connection. Even with just a white screen though, the display quality is much better than the standard SP.

Decided to get a geocoin, called a World Traveller. I'm going to release it and see if it can actually travel anywhere. It's activated now fine so it just needs to be put in a cache somewhere. The problem is with these things is that they look so nice people tend to keep them. Still haven't found the bloody GPS though. I've got the charger and USB cable but where it's gone, I've got no idea. I have found other interesting things though:

A blue PlayStation - one of the developer models
A 233mhz Wallstreet PowerBook G3
Several Macintosh Plus keyboards and mice
A 486 laptop that looks like a clone of PowerBooks of that era, to the point of having SCSI
The remains of several old Dell PII laptops that gradually disintegrated as I used them, so I'd constantly be shuffling parts around and rebuilding them into a working machine. I used them to play the Sims if I remember rightly. Dell stuff is ridiculously better these days.
My old GameBoy Camera, which still has the pictures I took with it, some over ten years ago

No comments: