Sunday 21 February 2010

Lazy day

Quite a lazy day. The morning was spent playing some more Halo 3 with Rob and Will as Rob's copy of Stories from Liberty City hadn't turned up. Halo is a frustrating game, sometimes it really is so blatantly obvious that it's a very linear game and the last level of Halo 3 is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

The rest of the day was a bit lazy really, just flobbed around and didn't do much. Read some stuff and fooled around on the CPC emulator again.

The three Ebay auctions ended. I got £57 for the Acorn Atom, £19 for the Toshiba HX-10 and £22.50 for the Z88. Not too shabby really. Made a profit on them all, even the Z88 which I think I paid £15 for originally. I did have a slight hope that the Atom might turn out to be one of those freak auctions where it went for a ridiculous amount, but since I'm sure I only paid a quid for it, £57 isn't half bad. There's still a lot more I can put on there but I'm running out of things like boxes and bubblewrap. It feels great to be finally clearing out all the crap though, just need to have the resolve to not get more crap instead.

Snow is still here although quite a lot of it has melted.

The primer seems to be drying nicely on the double neck although it'll need some smoothing before the paint goes on. Really looking forward to getting it painted and all back together. Going to cost a little though as it'll need the new pickups and two new sets of strings. Then it'll be time to start on the next one...maybe. I think the double neck idea works OK but it would be nice to have a more ergonomically designed body, but then that raises questions of wood, power tools, etc.

Still achy from the gym yesterday, but in a good way.

No comments: