Saturday 20 February 2010

It's begun

Yesterday was a fairly stressful day but was over surprisingly quickly. Had a good time at badminton in the evening, although for some reason the floor was really slippery. I thought it was my shoes at first but other people commented on it too. In one match I fell over and slid under the net which was embarrassing, though funny.

Read the latest volume of The Boys that Rob lent me. Just when you think it can't get any more outrageous...well. Still good though.

Snow today. Annoying, but it was crappy slushy stuff and it didn't stop me getting back home after going out. I went to get some primer for the doubleneck body, some shopping and to do my first proper workout at the gym. Saturday lunchtime is obviously a good time to go as there was barely anyone there, which was great.

Pulled the doubleneck apart again, which didn't take long. It's now having the primer put on which is going OK. By the time it comes to reassembling it, it will be payday so I think I'll get a new pair of pickups for it - the ones I was using before weren't very good. Think I'm going to strip the paint off the headstock of the fretted neck too so they match better but that's not too urgent. Also found a guy who will make custom decals and I wondered about getting one made up, but wasn't sure what it could read - then the obvious hit me - 'The DoubleL'. Well, perhaps not, but it would be fun.

Typing this on the little CF-M34 Toughbook again. It's not often I come across a machine that can justifiably be described as 'cute' but this is it. It's small, compact, perfectly proportioned and has a carrying handle. I wish it was a later version of it though, later ones had faster processors and less weird RAM issues. Quite impressed that the battery still holds a good charge though.

Plaster in room drying nicely. Can't wait until I can paint the wall and get the room back together.

Found a site online that has the complete run of Zoids comics, which is proving quite interesting and I remember some of it but not all. I loved the Zoids toys as a kid, absolutely fantastic.

No comments: