Thursday 11 February 2010

Fun week

Work has been better this week and I've got tomorrow off. Not a day of leisure unfortunately, need to empty my room so the wall can be replastered. Nightmare. Good chance to have a sort out and rearrange stuff though. Might even find the f**king GPS.

Very intrigued by the idea of geocoins and travel bugs, things that you put in geocaches to get people to move them from cache to cache. For example I could drop one in a cache in Berlin with a mission to get back to Wales and see if it makes it back. I've logged discoveries of a few (where you see them but don't take them) and taken two that I need to move on to other caches.

Decided that I really fancied a good retro gaming sesh on some old Game Boy games but I don't have a decent one. The SP was definitely the highlight of the range - I absolutely adored my SP but I traded it and all the games I had for it to get my original DS.

However, having decided on an SP, I wanted to get the later backlit one with a better screen. After some research I found it never seemed to have been released in the UK, so I didn't hold up much hope of finding one. Then I came across a job lot of three SPs on Ebay for £15, which included decent pictures - one of them was the AGS-101 model with the improved screen. It's very worn but seems OK but none of the three had batteries so I haven't been able to test them yet. The other two are the standard ones. One is pink, bleh. Might be a candidate for a repaint if I get bored enough.

My cousin is doing well but will need three sessions of chemo and some radiotherapy too, urgh. Think the prognosis is good though.

Scavenged a load of boxes for the Commodore stuff I just sold on Ebay. Got £70 for it but the guy lives in Kent and wants to send a courier. Oh well.

No comments: