Thursday 6 January 2011

Back to the grindstone

Work has been OK this week, but today was a bit stressful. It's got busy again after a couple of days which seemed relatively quiet. Got office moves coming up so that means overtime on Saturday, but at least it means a bit of extra cash.

Badminton started today but I had to leave work late to get a document done and I didn't have my stuff. Ended up having dinner with Rob and Em but didn't go to badminton. I got some freaky (and delicious) pasta from the deli in Ruthin. Not quite as freaky as the black spaghetti, which I was tempted to get but wasn't sure about. I think I will next week.

I've eaten fairly well this week and reactivated my gym membership last night and had a look at the new machines. It seems pretty good. I'm going to go properly tomorrow evening. Also haven't had any Coke at all since New Years Eve, so that's got to be good. I think just cutting out the vending machine snacks and Coke will be a big start in sorting out my shitty eating habits.

Not much else to report. Put a 1.13ghz processor in the C810 to replace the 866mhz that was in there. Not sure if it'll make much difference though. I've had it apart so many times now I can do it blindfold almost.

Tried doing star trails the other night with the camera by leaving it outside with the shutter open for half an hour or so. It did work but I think the ISO was too low so it didn't really pick up much. I've pointed it at a different area of the sky to try it again.

The DVD arrived from Germany. All good except that it doesn't have English subtitles. Or any subtitles. Kind of defeats the point really. Not sure why I just assumed it would have subtitles. Oh well. I'll see if I can find the script and translate it using Google or something.

I still maintain Adblock is the absolute best thing ever made for Internet use. It's only when I fire up Firefox without it installed that I realise just how much of a difference it makes.

No comments: