Friday 28 January 2011

Blampy week

It's been an odd week. Work has been continuously busy and very stressful, and most days I've come home in no fit state to do anything except blurge in front of a DVD or the Xbox.

Got the car fixed on Monday afternoon. It took a little while but I took The Algebraist by Iain M Banks which I'm still ploughing through. At least the car now feels good again. I hate it when the car is loud, makes it feel slower. One curious thing, nobody seemed to notice my rather loud car, except for hoody wearing chavs who would spin around to see if it was one of their boy racer pals. How odd.

On Wednesday I took my sister's new laptop around to hers and we had a good chat and catch up. I tried to imply subtly she should look after it a bit better than the previous one...

Not much else. No badminton due to Rob and Em doing stuff. Met up with Amy and Simon from my last workplace for a farewell lunch before Simon heads off to Gibraltar with his company. Embarrassingly I got Gibraltar confused with Guernsey for some reason which led to a thoroughly confusing conversation for a few minutes.

Did some light painting and stencilling this evening. The stencil worked OK but the light painting was more of a success. The best was where I drew around the car with an LED torch, that came out really well.

No comments: