Saturday 22 January 2011

Success

The overtime this morning was pretty pointless, we were done in an hour and a half. After that, went to Rhyl and ordered new glasses, and managed to find a HDMI to DVI adapter for the HP.

Got home and attempted to fit the new wing to the car, but it was a pain so gave up and will get someone to do it who actually knows what they're doing.

Watched Inception on Bluray. Such a good film, even on a repeat viewing. It looked good, but not really sure if the Bluray makes all that much difference. The copy I got included a DVD too, so I suppose I could compare if I get bored enough. The HP is hooked up to the amp using standard stereo at the moment, which worked pretty well. I will look into the possibility of getting a digital audio signal out of it, but annoyingly that might require more hardware. The other thing that would be nice is a remote, and I know some HP DV series laptops came with a small remote that slotted into the ExpressCard slot but I don't know if this one did.

Decided to scrap the VirtualBox machine and just share out the second hard drive using Windows, seemed a bit silly really to have all that when it can just do it anyway.

Off to Maz's birthday meal in a bit, can't wait.

No comments: