Saturday 29 January 2011

Fun day

Spent most of the day with Rob and Em. First Rob and went through some proofreading I'd done for him. Normally I leave it with him but this time we went through it together, and it worked really well. Being able to explain my reasoning for changing something was good and sometimes we'd change it again or rewrite bits entirely. All good except it took two hours to do three pages of twenty-seven. Oh well.

After that we went into town to have lunch and to pick up some things and also so I could see how Specsavers had fucked up my new glasses. Turns out that the frames I'd ordered didn't take my prescription with standard lenses, even though the woman said they would. The manager tried to say it was my fault but I didn't have any of that. I don't mind paying extra for the thinner lenses, just wish they'd got it right the first time.

After that we sat and watched a film called Salt, which was quite strange and basically consisted of a scarily skeletal Angelina Jolie charging round blowing stuff up. It wasn't too bad.

Lazy evening. Also it's cold.

No comments: