Wednesday 9 February 2011

Best game ever, maybe

Completed Mass Effect this evening. Logged about 30 hours on it since I bought it on Saturday. Insane. I've never been drawn into a game so completely before, perhaps because I played it most while I was ill with a cold, and it kept me from sitting around and feeling miserable. I can't find fault with anything about it, the only things really being the occasional loading being disguised by elevators, and quite often textures would appear a good second after everything else.

I finished it as a good person overall except a couple of decisions that were bad. My character also ended up making it with the blue alien in the end, although as he has the scariest smile in the world I'm surprised she didn't slug him in the face and leg it.

The sequel is supposed to be just as good but I'm going to leave that for a bit. Apparently you can load your save from the first one and carry on with the same character and decisions you made in the first one. Mind you, does that mean I have to stare at my character's ridiculous nose for another 30 hours? You'd have thought they'd have plastic surgery in the future...

Work wasn't great, did some more jobs, more came in, oh well.

Feeling OK today but my ears are playing up a bit and I'm coughing well. I don't think I'll be going to badminton tomorrow, but they can't complain as The Arse Faced Woman is the one who brought the cold to the meal last week.

No comments: