Friday 11 February 2011

Fly and be free!

At last this week is over. Been very busy in work trying to clear more jobs down before I'm off next week, but with limited success. I'm going to try and not think about work at all, but who knows what I'll come back to.

Obsession with Mass Effect continues. The version I got had a bonus disk with various documentaries and things, and also the DLC that came out for it. I didn't realise this or I'd have installed it before I started the game. I've installed it now and I'm going to delete the saves back to a certain point and replay the last part of the game with the DLC.

I was thinking about going somewhere next week but my finances are shaky and the front brakes grinding on the car, so I don't think I will. Also it's not much fun by yourself.

Instead I'm going to get Mass Effect 2 - and I'm going to trade in Fable 3 for it. After experiencing Mass Effect, I've realised that Fable 3 is a very shallow experience, overly dumbed down, clumsy and childish. And as I've said before, I always find sci-fi much more enjoyable than fantasy. I still think Fable 2 was pretty good but they fucked up that last one.

Rules will apply though - I must take exercise every day regardless of the progress of the game, and I must also do some geocaching, and take the bike out.

I'm going to have to look into getting a bigger hard drive for the Xbox, but it's hard to swallow the cost of a standard drive in a non-standard casing. That's one thing the PS3 got right, being able to chuck any standard laptop drive in, even an SSD.

No comments: