Sunday 13 February 2011

Truly obsessed

Have logged 13 hours on ME2 since about 6pm last night.

Obsessed? Just a little. It's just so fucking epic I can't stop wanting to see what happens next, and my OCD about exploring means I have to do every side-quest I possibly can before progressing the main missions. I love the way there's so many little details that carry forward from the previous game too. I can only imagine what the third one is going to be like - lets hope they don't fuck it up.

Having just been told by Rob you can get T-shirts and things with Shepard's N7 logo on them, I'm sorely tempted, but it might be a bit wrong for an overweight IT geek to wear them. Would be interesting to see if anyone got the reference though.

Lame? Maybe. I'm on holiday now though and I can use my spare time how I want. If I was to sit down and start reading Lord of the Rings, or even watching all the extended movies it would probably take about the same amount of time.

I have to admit I've been putting off stuff I had planned to do - replacing the fan in the DV7, stuff like that, but I've got all week to get that shit done.

I am going to try and book the car in to have the front brakes done tomorrow and I need to go to the gym and do some digging on the track after it got wrecked by the floods last weekend. So I'm aiming to not play ME2 quite so much in the next few days...

In other news, Nokia has jumped into bed with Microsoft, something I never expected, and will probably doom the company to irrelevance. I can understand how it happened, given that Symbian has so rapidly becoming outclassed, but why not Android? Given Nokia was making a Linux based OS already with MeeGo, Android would have seemed more logical. Intel just got royally shafted too, since it was working on MeeGo too.

No comments: