Saturday 5 February 2011

From high to low

Woke up this morning feeling much better after yesterday being so awful.

Went to Rhyl and got my new glasses. Taking some time to adjust to them because they are smaller and lighter so don't feel as secure as the old ones, and the prescription feels very different. I can certainly see better but it's taking some time to adjust.

Also picked up a copy of Mass Effect after everyone I know who has played it has raved about it. The only time I played it before was with Will, and that was only to make the most hideous character possible and laugh at the cutscenes. The character creator is pretty good and I set up the usual character I tend to create except I forgot to set the skin colour so he's going round looking like a pale ghost. Oh well. I've played it for a couple of hours and made some progress. Initially I thought I was going to hate it because of the whole selecting what to say thing, but I got used to it. I've done loads of the side quests and it's turning out to be fairly good. It looks like you can be good or evil but so far my character is earning more good points than bad points.

After feeling OK for most of the day, I now have a strange feeling I'm going to get a cold. I hope it is just a cold and not flu as someone in work has had flu recently. I can't imagine what will happen to my jobs list if I'm off sick.

No comments: