Thursday 27 December 2007

Funking it up

Pakistan's future looks very uncertain now.

Here's a hint, if you are using an iPod touch to write something in one tab of Safari and switch to another tab, don't expect what you wrote in the first tab to be there when you switch back to it. I just lost a fair bit of blog post by doing that. The gist of it is below.

First day back in work. Unsurprisingly the offices were nearly deserted and it was spookily quiet. On the plus side this meant I was able to get quite a lot done today. I left a little early and went round to Will's, bass in hand, where he and Rob were making music.

They had just finished a track when I got there and we quickly started another one. While Rob wrote lyrics in his encoded handwriting, Will set up a beat which I overlaid with a funked up slap bass line which Will accompanied with random guitar noodlings. Sounded quite good and then it was ready for Rob's vocal contribution. Just needs Will to sit down and mix the tracks together properly.

Whether anything will ever live up to the blasphemous success of Mary Poppins Whore Hour remains to be seen. We didn't stay very long after that though, Rob had to go home and cook and both Will and I have been suffering from a cold and felt too crappy. Will seems to have had it worse though.

First time I've used the Squier bass in anger with the various mods and it actually sounded pretty decent, though the fresh strings put on it yesterday undoubtedly helped.

Coughing well today. My throat is killing me.

No comments: