Wednesday 13 February 2008

Eyesore?


I came over a hill on the way home from work and saw this. I immediately stopped and took a picture. It was such a clear evening that it was really striking to see the wind turbines silhouetted against the skyline. The picture isn't that great, but you get the idea.

Ran into a guy I was in a band with many years. We used to hang out a lot back in 2000/2001 but I haven't seen much of him over the last few years. Strangely we always seem to run into each other when I'm in a hurry to get somewhere. But we did manage to have a quick chat and swap mobile numbers.

A weird experience the other day. I fired up GTA III. I haven't played it for quite some time but when I got my PS2, I played it absolutely non stop. I know Liberty City as well as some of the towns round here. So it was a somewhat bizarre experience going round it again. The environments and the radio stations filled me with a deep sense of nostalgia, as if I was going back to somewhere I'd been and connected with on some sort of emotional level. It was rather frightening that a video game was generating these feelings, to be honest.

Another evening where I couldn't get motivated to do anything. Not sure why I'm so lethargic these days. I did however take the dog for a walk, which was decent.

Currently listening to Sonic Firestorm by DragonForce. I still like the album, even if they weren't very impressive live.

No comments: