Friday 1 February 2008

Strange Grinding Sounds

Work was OK, got a few things done.

Badminton was good, think I played reasonably well. Once again I found myself more willing to throw myself around the court, which can only be a good thing. Pub afterwards was good and when we came out it was sleeting.

Strange thing on the way home (in the snowish stuff). The Discovery made a strange grinding sound from somewhere. It seemed as if something was dragging on the ground but all looked normal when I stopped and had a look. But when I moved off again, there it was and if you freewheeled very slowly, there was a slight jerking to accompany the sounds. At one point it was almost like the right front wheel was braking by itself. Again I looked, but couldn't see anything apparently wrong, so I carried on. And the sound went away. I even stopped on a hill, and freewheeled slowly with the engine off, and it was completely silent.

Strange. I'll have to see how it is tomorrow. It's probably something expensive like the front differential or something ghastly.

No comments: