Monday 18 February 2008

A stressed and worrisome day

Monday mornings are usually quite dreadful, only made worse by the days after bank holiday weekends. Today was especially bad as tripped circuit breakers meant downed servers (one terminally) and phone switches, meaning it was an interesting morning.

The rest of the day was reasonably OK.

Spent the evening not doing much. I felt like I should have walked the dog but I've been tired all day and really didn't feel up to it, probably a result of yesterday's exertions. It was a great walk though.

Played around bit on my defretted Encore bass. Given that it's a very cheap crappy bass which had the frets mercilessly removed, the slots filled and then varnished over, it actually sounds quite reasonable. I think it needs different strings though. Still, I think it will do until I can save up to get a better fretless.

Payday today. I hate it, I always get over excited that I have money and can afford various things. One thing I did order was order the strings for the 8-string bass, which I had decided to do anyway. It looks a bit pathetic with just three strings, after I took the remaining octave strings off and put it's A string on the whamola.

I happened to fill the Discovery up with diesel next to someone who works in the building I look after. When we went in to pay, she was absolutely flabberghasted when it came to £59. She said she'd cry if she had to pay that amount each time to fill it up. And to be honest, she's got a point.

Listening to At War With Satan by Venom, who are so silly.

No comments: