Sunday 17 February 2008

A world where anything is possible...

All around me were tall, beautiful people. All had bronzed skin and perfect figures. The room was large and the people were in varying states of undress. Some were even naked, walking freely amongst all the others. Some people had tattoos covering their bodies, while some even had large, unlikely wings attached to their backs. Some people were reclining on the various pieces of furniture scattered around the room, enjoying a quiet private chat. Some were kissing, while yet more were engaging in more intimate activities, right there in front of the crowds, seemingly uncaring about the extremely public place they were in.

Suddenly the peaceful, gently erotic atmostphere was shattered. A loud mooing sound came echoing from the entrance to the room and I could see people scattering in horror. As the sound came closer, I saw to my disbelief, a black and white cow being mounted by a buffalo. Disturbingly, the animals were floating ten feet above the ground, and they were coming in my direction. As the path cleared, I could see two small creatures. One appeared to be in a wheelchair, wearing an unlikely combination of tie-dye trousers and tiger striped vest. The other, a black skirt and skimpy top and high heels which didn't fit it's grossly enlarged feet. Both were hideously ugly, short and squat with hugely deformed facial features and twisted limbs. But the real horror was that they were undoubtedly human. As they came nearer, I was appalled to see that through some accident of birth, the wheelchair bound creature had it's genitals attached to it's face.

As they stopped in front of me, I recoiled. Partly in disgust at their appearance, partly because the cow and buffalo were hovering inches from my head, which I realised were actually attached somehow to the creature in the wheelchair, although I couldn't see any means of support. The mooing was devastatingly loud and all around me I could see people questioning what was happening. Some were angry that the atmosphere had been disturbed.

But then then situation became even more bizarre. The creature in the black dress suddenly threw itself onto the ground and spasmed wildly, as though it was having some sort of siezure. Despite that though, it gave a cackling laugh as the creature in the wheelchair joined it on the ground, both of them twisting and jerking crazily. I shouted out and backed away as the cow and buffalo somehow echoed the movements of the wheelchair bound creature, hurtling wildly through the air. This seemed to bring more cackling laughs from the ghastly creatures, and caused even more disturbance to the atmosphere of the room.

A small crowd had gathered round them, watching the peculiar antics. As suddenly as they had both started spasming, both the creatures suddenly stood quietly, looking around themselves curiously. They seemed to communicate telepathically, and then without warning, vanished in a small swirl of white particles. They had gone, nobody knew where. Rather to my surprise, the room returned to normal quite quickly, with only some brief mutterings of 'griefers'.

As I walked towards a pretty woman who was looking in my direction, I could only muse that a world where anything is possible is not necessarily a good thing...

No comments: