Sunday 2 March 2008

A fat and painful weekend

Yesterday was pretty good. Went out looking at cars first thing and found one possibility. Then took the dog for a walk for the first time in ages but became aware of a slight ache in various parts of my body, particularly my right thigh and my shoulders and upper arms. These aches became worse and I realised that the antics of the Audi 80 caused various muscle pulls and things.

The afternoon yesterday consisted of a huge geekfest in the Flyattic, with long sessions of Halo 3, Flatout, Portal, Def Jam Vendetta, Rocky and other things. Also ate a LOAD of crap because I brought snacks and went rather overboard. Also plugged the Whamola into Will's fearsome system and it made some very interesting noises. Vicky also had her Eee which was really cool.

Today was spent in Preston, sorting out my cousin with a wireless router. But with the various aches amplified for some reason, I spent the day feeling like a virtual cripple. I was limping everywhere with pain in my foot and legs, and my shoulders were pretty bad too.

My cousin has cable internet from Virgin, something I hadn't encountered before so I was quite anxious that I'd bought the right equipment for her. But it all plugged in perfectly and worked fine once I'd configured the router for maximum wireless security. Once that was all set up and working, we went out for a massive lunch in a nearby Beefeater, which was really good.

Feeling tired now.

Diesel is £1.09 in Morrisons! Insanity.

A very cute cat on a treadmill. Funny.

I was looking up greyhound tattoo information today to try and work out how hold the hound is, but couldn't figure it out. All I know is that he was puppy 4 of the litter. However there is a number you can call to check the greyhound stud registry and they can tell you the date of birth and racing name, but not the racing history. Might give it a call as it would be nice to know his exact age and birthday.

No comments: